Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Your Comments - The Rate Regulation Strategy

From Kenneth:

"When I spoke with Dianne Feinstein's representative, I mentioned that
the only way that I think health care reform should go forward without
a public option is if there is a government enitity with broad and
complete authority to regulate health care rates.  This morning I saw
an article on Huffington Post which summarizes this position:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-lux/an-alternative-to-the-pub_b_262117.html


I think we should start asking for either a public option or rate
regulation---I am sure the insurance industry will back down from
their position on public option when faced with the possibility of
rate regulation.  Also, by pushing for one or the other, it succinctly
explains why a public option is a necessity (i.e. we want a public
option so that we can control health care premiums).

Just a thought."

No comments:

Post a Comment